From August 2016 we will be introducing a new structure for orchestras and bands so that pupils and parents can see a clear pathway for progression from the very first year of learning right through to leaving school.
- The "Kick Start Orchestra" and "Kick Start Band" will provide opportunity for complete beginners to learn the basics of playing in an ensemble as well as making new friends.
- After the first year of learning, pupils will progress to the Primary Orchestra or Primary Band.
- As pupils reach P7, they may be invited to join the Junior Orchestra or Junior Band which will largely be made up of pupils from the junior phase of secondary school.
- In the senior phase of school, pupils may be invited to play in the Senior Orchestra or Senior Bands.
- Please click here to see a diagram of the pathway.
There will, of course, be additional ensembles eg. string quartets, saxophone quintets, guitar ensembles.